November 1, 2015

I don't have a pencil MISS LAURA!!!


Sound familiar?  I think I've probably gone through about 2 boxes of pencils this year!  I think I've finally come up with a solution for keeping track of them while teaching responsibility at the same time!
Management of my new pencil system is simple.  Students pick up their pencil in the morning (each student has their own student number which corresponds to the numbers I put on the pencils, and the colors correspond to each student´s desks).  They are responsible for keeping their pencil in a safe place all day.  We had a conversation about where a good place to keep them would be.  At the end of the day, students must put their pencil back. So far so good!
 


 







Students don't ask me for pencils anymore. No one leaves the room until all pencils are back on the board. Never lose a pencil again!


No comments:

Post a Comment